MARTA N. STEELE
Goal: Stimulating full-time work as writer/editor in the DC Metro area.
* Award-winning editor, 20 years of experience in diverse areas including academic and technical
* Indexer, proofreader, bibliographer
* Languages: French, Spanish, some German, Latin, ancient Greek
* Foreign-language consultant for fifteenth edition of Chicago Manual of Style
* Completed a series, Kierkegaard's Writings, at Princeton University Press, called the best translation/commentary in this category
* Edited Sundarakanda (translation of Sanskrit epic poem Ramayana of Valmiki), which was featured on the cover page of the Los Angeles Times Sunday Book Review
* Edited translation of Odes and Satires of Horace, which sold more than forty thousand copies
* Technical production editor of yearly journal Transportation Research Record, published by Transportation Research Board, National Academies
* Full-time and freelance journalist and writer (news, commentary, interviews, book and film reviews)
* Individual academic authors
Art, sociology, business and economics, classics, history, journalism, standardized tests, mathematics, and popular fiction; school, college-level, and professional texts, including two Spanish textbooks; indexed one college philosophy survey text and three anthropology monographs; proofread one college German textbook.